Photo II - Week 4


The first photo I selected for tis week is by Hiroshi Sugimoto. It is titled Colors of Shadow C0126 and is part of the collection "Colors of Shadow". Sugimoto had the area covered in a Japanese plaster that absorbs light evenly and then waited for pleasing results. I think what most attracted me to the photo was its light colors. The photograph could easily be a black and white and yet he choose to use color. The colors for me are possibly as interesting as the shapes of the shadows. To see more of Sugimoto's work visit the website here.


The next photograph is by Lisette Model. It is titled Sailor & Girl, Sammy's Bar, New York. The photo is one of the many that Model took in New York City. She frequently shot photographs of people conveying sad emotions such as loneliness. This opposite feeling is what drew me to the image. If Model's aesthetic was lonely sad people why take this photo? At the time did it seem safer or was it just an attractive subject? The print is from the 1940's. To see more of Model's work you'll have to do some searching as it was very difficult to find online. This image is from ARTstor.


My final photo for the week is by Sacha Goldberger. I couldn't find out much about this photograph other than his model who happens to be Goldberger's Grandmother. I think that while the humor of the photograph make the image strong its composition and cool colors make it even more successful that just the "thing itself". To view more of Goldbegers work click here.

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Buscar

 

About

Mandy H - Photo I Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger