Color - Week 5




The first photographer that I chose for this week is David Favrod. I choose these images because of there intricate detail and in the top the geometric shape within the frame. I hadn't seen anyone do this with their work before I attempted it and so when I found this I was excited to see another take on it. I also end the overall color cast interesting. I think the snow plays a big role in the success of these images. The reflection of the snow acts like a bounce card that helps illuminate the surroundings making an image like this possible during such an overcast and dark point of the day. Favords work is frequently a look not his memories in Japan (where her was born) after moving to Switzerland. Randomish fact about the work... its from his series "LE TREMBLEMENT DU TEMPS" translating to "THE EARTHQUAKE OF TIME" another fairly interesting way to look at memory. To view more of his work click here.





My second photographer is Shimin Song and her series Between Reality and Fantasy. Song was the first generation to go through the "One Child" law in China. This experience highly influences her work. The images are usually masked with sorrow and anxiety although few include some humor. They are always of children and their experiences of carrying their parents hopes one their shoulders. Therefore most of her work shows children preforming adult tasks frequently unhappy. I liked these for the conceptual and different depiction childhood. I think that most countries view childhood as the best portion of their live but with these children and now adults in China we have a different opportunity to see childhood. I found Song in the book reGeneration2 in the library.






In contrast to Song we have Su Sheng. Sheng's series "Chinese Childhood" is also about the One Child policy in China. She also was born in 1979 when the law was enacted and yet her images show a fairly different view of the situation. While Song shows the anxiety of being the only child Sheng shows the burden and yet benefit. Her portraits are surrounded with toys and lavish belongings. She refers to them as "little emperors and little empresses". However no matter how lavish their lives are depicted their is one very obvious emotion... loneliness. While the images are completely different they show the same thing and both in interesting ways. I found Sheng in the book reGeneration2 in the library.

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Buscar

 

About

Mandy H - Photo I Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger