This photograph was taken by Lauren Greenfield who is a photojournalist. Greenfield tends to photograph subject that depict a specific idea of human behavior. The following image is of 4 year old Allegra playing dress up. I believe the image was used in Greenfield’s book Fast Forwardwhich depict children growing up under the influence of Hollywood in California. What I find interesting about this image is just the purpose it was captured for but that it’s meaning can be seen without Greenfield’s captions or ideas being added onto it. The image conveys the exact idea. In order to create the image it appears Greenfield used natural light however, it seems that light wasn’t bright enough to use a fast shutter speed and an aperture that would capture the items Allegra was trying on. Therefore it appears that Greenfield used a slower shutter speed to get the depth of field she wanted without compromising sharp focus on Allegra’s face. To see more of her work you can visit her website here.

Jerry Uelsmann is a photo manipulation photographer known for his surreal images that he crafts in his personal darkroom. First to discuss what attracts me to the image I find the mixture of textures and the dramatic lighting very beautiful. The texture of the gritty sand against the smooth walls is something that I find really incredible, mainly because it is so believable. While most photographs are of things that are already existing Uelsmann takes random photos that he processes and find ways to mesh them seamlessly. While I do know some of his process I highly recommend looking into a book we happen to have in the library titled “Uelsmann: Process and Perception – Commentary and Photographs”. The only thing I can say with any confidence in order to get this photo was to create masks from black paper to create harsh edges. To see more of his work you can go to his website here.


The following photo is by Benoit Paillé. While I know less about his reasons behind his photography I have found myself frequently inspired by his work, specifically his Rainbow Gathering work. The photo above interests me because both the rarity of a photo from these types of gathering and because of its clean and crisp feel even though the subject is standing in a wood filled area covered in paint. While I don’t know much about how the photograph was taken I can say that I am almost certain it was taken in natural light using a digital camera. Paillè also admits to editing his photographs out of camera so I can assume that he did so with this image. To see more of his work you can visit his website here or his flickr.



¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Buscar

 

About

Mandy H - Photo I Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger