Point Of View

Untitled by Holly Henry . 2010. Flickr

The first image I choose is by Holly Henry of Flickr. You can view her photographs here. I chose this image because I felt the point of view was interesting. Her subject (herself) is taken at an angle that is dead on yet the camera is rather high above her. I think this creates an interesting composition with both the mirror and the frame. For me it creates a feeling like your almost not seeing the whole image, like you missing something almost.



Untitled by Mallory Varnum . 2010 . Flickr

The next photo I choose is by a Mallory Varnum. Her work can be seen here. I choose this photo for three reasons. One I love how much visible detail there is in the image. It takes what could have been a very flat photo and makes it almost palpable. Secondly I love the gentle lighting that is happening. However as this week is about POV I also choose it for that reason. The point of view of this image is eye level. To me the subject has a much more life like quality than the other two images for this week. To me eye level photographs create a more human, life like quality than others.



Untitled by Rosie Hardy . 2010 . Flickr

My final photo is by Rosie Hardy, also a Flickr find. Her work can be seen here. I choose this photo because I felt it contrasted the other two really well. While the first thing that jumps out at me is the colors I can honestly say that I feel the image wouldn't be as strong from another POV. The high downwards angle of the camera has created an isolation of the subject that the other two don't seem to have. You feel as if your looking at a frozen moment with a greater strength than the other two.

While each photograph has a different POV I think that each creates a very strong and different feeling than the next.

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Buscar

 

About

Mandy H - Photo I Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger