Week 12



My first photographer for the week is Jeff Wall. Wall is an internationally renowned photographer most well known for his large scale backlit chibachrome images. I personally prefer his work that has a vast amount of visual space and detail.  I find that the detail and space allow me to make up my own ideas or stories within each image. Walls most recent work is digital montages allowing surreal images to be created. An example is the second image titles "Flooded Grave" where Wall superimposed sea life into the watery grave.







My second photographer for the week is Anne Golaz. Not much is known about how she came to be a photographer. Her work is usually showcasing nature, people in their environment (frequently nature or hunting, natures influence, or natural items from nature photographed in the studio. I found that her color palette is frequently a blue green which was interesting due to her natural subjects and the fact she frequently shoots at night. The last two images I selected are probably the pieces of her work I find most successful. I think they are the most interesting and that the less information she gives in her work the better.






My final photographer for the week is Anne Beeke. She calls herself a photojournalist and has had her work exhibited in several museums. I chose images that I found most interesting and so they don't appear to be photojournalist because I personally am not interested in that type of work. I found her sense of space most interesting. She is frequently quite far from her subject but close enough to recognize it and see its details still. Her color is very natural and very neutral. She also uses a lot of visual texture.

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Buscar

 

About

Mandy H - Photo I Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger