Photo II - Week 7




The first photo I choose this week is "Pacific, Devil's Slide, California" by Minor White. What I found most interesting about the photograph was the light. I felt like the light in the image was fairly intense and yet there was only one single cloudy light source. I also was interested in the textural quality that the light brought out in the water. To see more of his work click here.


The next photograph that I choose is "Overnight" by Mark Klett. I have been really interested in the idea of photographing passing time since seeing Sugimoto's work and I think that is what caused my interest in this work. The photograph depicts what happens in a single area, a single bed, for a night. That idea and the beauty of the image itself is extremely successful in my opinion. To see more of Kletts work click here.



The final photographs I have chosen is a self-portrait of the artist herself Alexa Meade, an in process photograph, and my personal favorite work of heres titled Nocturne. Meade creates her work by selecting models and then painting the subject to match what she sees. At times that subject is within an interior to add to the interest of the final image. These paintings are then photographed. What I found most interesting was that it doesn't appear to be that Meade focuses on one aspect more than the other. The construction of the image is not more important that the image itself. To view more of her work you can visit her webpage here.

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Buscar

 

About

Mandy H - Photo I Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger